Fan assisted beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does not take long to get down to 85c unless it's a hot day but I am going to use the MashBag fan system from now on athumb..

I did this last weekend, 100°C down to 45°C in a couple of hours for a kettle sour, then after leaving with lacto for a couple of days did a boil in the morning and from 100°C down to 20°C by 4pm for pitching.

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpeg
    IMG_2621.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 0
I did this last weekend, 100°C down to 45°C in a couple of hours for a kettle sour, then after leaving with lacto for a couple of days did a boil in the morning and from 100°C down to 20°C by 4pm for pitching.

Hmmm. That is interesting. I couldn't be bothered with taking the jacket off the BZ every time though, maybe it wouldn't make any difference though (as in it would still work). I could try it by boiling some water and cooling it with a fan.

I rigged up a wood fired HLT at the weekend 🤣

IMG_20240420_175404957.jpg

well, not really it was a hot tub heater, definitely not an old washing machine drum, copper coil and back boiler water pump. But it got me wondering it could certainly heat a HLT too

Back