Fermentation temperature for Youngs Brew Super Wine Yeast Compound

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffBozo

Reaction score
Hi

I've just started my first fermentation (one 5l bottle of cranberry juice and one 5l bottle of ice tea with no preservatives). I am using Youngs Brew Home Brewing Super Wine Yeast Compound For High Alcohol but I can't find any information on fermentation temperature for this product. Does anyone have experience with this product and know what the ideal temp range is? I live in northern England and can't turn the heating on yet so I would guess room temp is 14C°. I could put it in the the water boiler cabinet which is probably more like 22C°. Any advice is appreciated thank you.

I have used this I done know what the recommended temperatures are but I have fermented at 28c in summer and down to 15c in winter at 15 it was slow but didn't fail, if you can put it somewhere warmer do and keep an eye on it.

I have used this I done know what the recommended temperatures are but I have fermented at 28c in summer and down to 15c in winter at 15 it was slow but didn't fail, if you can put it somewhere warmer do and keep an eye on it.
Ok thank you. It was still fermenting at my cold room temperature but much less than I would expect it to for the first few days. So I've moved it to the warmer boiler cupboard. It's good to know that fermentation is possible at such a low temperature but I would like it not to be too slow.

. It's good to know that fermentation is possible at such a low temperature but I would like it not to be too slow.
At temperatures below 20c there is always a chance it could stall, I bought a heat pad to stand the FV on which keeps it between 20c - 28c

Latest posts

Back