Fini g beer before priming.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stockport1

Reaction score
Hi all,
Up to now I've made and bottled 3 x 5 gallon beers made from kits. Mangrove Jack's American IPA, Festival Premium Ales Summer Glory, a Craft Brewery Series Golden Rocket strong pale ale. All delicious. My fav is the Summer Glory it has edlerflower to be added. Also made 5 gals of oaked cider.

All fined prior to batch priming and bottling. All a great success.

At present I have 2 x 5 gal on the go. One is Four Finger Jack APA craft style and a Festival Premium Ale Razorback IPA.

My question is, do I really need to fine the beer before batch priming and bottling?
I have been advised to by my seller.

It certainly hasn't had any detrimental effects. All have bottle primed very nicely.

I think it just looks nicer when siphoning off into the next bin prior to bottling.
Or am I wasting time and of course money on the fining agent?

I didn't and it crystal clear now, it was clearing as it carbonated and just put in cold place after should be fine.

This is the photograph of a pint that was started exactly 35 days ago!

IMG_1581.jpg

I have never seen the need to use Finings as Cold Crashing + Gravity + Time will do the job for free and with no hassle!

Thanks. I'll not use finings on the 2x5 gals on the go. I like to experiment. I'll siphon off from the 1st FV into my 2nd. Batch prime then bottle.
I'll keep you informed.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back