First batches on the go :-)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deano469

Reaction score
After lurking the forums for a while I have finally decided to take the plunge and do a couple of 1 gallon batches to get the hang of things before jumping into a 5 gallon batch. First batch is a TC, used 4 litres of aj, 220ml raspberry lowicz, 1 tsp yeast, 1tsp yeast nutrient, 1 tsp tannin, might Top off with the rest of the lowicz and some more am once things calm down a bit. 2nd batch is raspberryade using the same recipe as on these here forums.
Fingers crossed things go well enough to catch the bug and start brewing up some bigger batches :-)

I love Lowicz syrup for cider, I added some lime peel and juice to the raspberry one I did in January,(and possibly a sweetener tablet per bottle) and it is nicely drinkable now. I've only ever used half the syrup (220ml) per gallon - adding a lot more will really up the abv! Although I think some people add the whole bottle to a gallon for the extra flavour. If you don't want to top up with more syrup, you can use apple juice instead.

You'll thank yourself for making bigger batches - this stuff doesn't last too long!

Thanks for the tip Gayle, will just top up with aj then as I don't want rocket fuel, the whole reason for trying home brew is to make cider how I want it to taste.

Back