• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: 50L stainless steel mash tun

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chastuck

Reaction score
Over the past year I have upgraded my three vessel brewery, so I have a redundant 70L stainless steel boil kettle and a 50L stainless steel mash tun for sale. I will post the boil kettle sale separately, so this post will be about the mash tun.

The mash tun was crafted from a Bergland stainless steel thermo pot. This mash tun is extremely well made using quality workshop tools. Top grade parts are used throughout. Anyone on the brewing forums familiar with my builds will know I make a very professional brewing vessel. The pot sits on a fabricated SS skirt 2mm thick x 120mm high (20mm of the skirt lies inside the bottom rim of the mash tun). The cavity within the skirt is filled with expanded foam for insulation and covered in a stainless steel bottom plate. The vessel is bottom draining with the 1'' BSP SS marine skin fitting mounted centrally.

The pot has a one inch full bore stainless steel ball valve. A 1'' to 1/2'' SS reducer will be supplied for utilising 1/2'' BSP run-off fittings if required. All plumbing fittings are 316 SS from BES. The dimensions of the pot, including the skirt, are 550mm high and diameter 450mm. The total weight of the pot and its fittings is approximately 12 kg. The mash tun comes complete with a stainless steel false bottom 396mm diameter made by the Malt Miller. The false bottom is 1.5mm thick stainless mesh with 1.5mm holes. This is supported by a 2mm thick 25mm deep stainless steel ring to which the mesh is welded. There is a stainless steel handle on the false bottom to aid easy removal.

The actual cost to me of building it was over £300. The false bottom alone cost more than £120. I can supply a spreadsheet of all components and costs if required. The mash tun is ready to use without the trouble or worry of having to build one yourself and is in excellent condition. I am seeking £200 for the mash tun complete.

15980948867_2de3062df9.jpg

15980670379_1a8469382b.jpg

16165985332_ef0aa7b599.jpg

16165985222_7657c38068.jpg

15981069757_c782625c63.jpg

I would prefer any interested buyer to collect it from my address in SE London, or you can arrange your own courier. I will deliver it free of charge to anywhere in London south of the Thames or to any southern Home Counties. Payment by PayPal as 'family', or direct to my bank account. PM me if you are interested or want more information.

If you didn't live in the wrong end of the country I would definitely have this off you, it looks quality - I wouldn't trust any courier to get it here in one piece!

I'm interested in both, but would need to work out dimensions etc. to price a courier to Edinburgh.

James

Back