Forum Brew III - Big Kenny - Updated

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is everyone getting along with this?

I forgot to post that I hit my targets - 36 litres at 1050 :party:
Fermentation was a little slow to get going.....I put this down to a cold start. A little rouse and a better location and they were off and running.

I'll be trasferring in to secondaries tonight and I want to see where the gravity is.

Hope everyone's brews are trouble free.

I better start cleaning bottles tonight I suppose :x

Dunfie said:
Mine has been in the bottle for a week now. Can't wait to give one a try.

Good man Dunfie :clap:
I'm really looking forward to tasting this too....

Well, Had samples of mine today and by gum I think I have got it!!!
Took a sample to Wez who also liked it.
Still not telling you the hop schedule. But it's as safe to say none of you would of thought of it!

muddydisco said:
Well, Had samples of mine today and by gum I think I have got it!!!
Took a sample to Wez who also liked it.
Still not telling you the hop schedule. But it's as safe to say none of you would of thought of it!

I know what it is, I know what it is, I know what it is, :P :grin:

Can you remember all of it though. you was worried about a fish and drank the cheeky vimto!

Finally got mine all bottled last night.
The gravity had dropped those final few points.......lower than the last reading, but I still don't trust my hydrometer; maybe Santa will bring me a nice refractometer? :pray:

So, I have 38 bottles priming in the warmth and a nearly full corny that was filled last week and has been force carbonated.

I had a cheeky drink from the corny last night and I have to say it is very promising :D
Lovely creamy head, deep mahogany colour and as clear as a bell.....quite a sweet malt hit followed by the hops. Dangerously drinkable even at this young age :grin:

I can't wait to try the ones that I get sent in the post.

Mark kindly left me a couple of bottles of his Big Kenny when he brought me the 50 empy beer bottles over at the weekend ! Another week conditioning and I will be sampling.... :clap: Will update the thread with my Feedback:thumb:

Right I'm getting ready to post this out next week. I Think Dunfie and Markp will want one? If so can you Pm me your addresses, and anyone else that wants one let me know.

muddydisco said:
Right I'm getting ready to post this out next week. I Think Dunfie and Markp will want one? If so can you Pm me your addresses, and anyone else that wants one let me know.

PM sent muddy, thanks.

I have 10 or so bottles set aside for an honest opinion, if anyone would like to try one then please PM me your address.

I did the first post run today :clap:

Is there anyone else who would like one??
If so, please send me a PM through asap........or it's likely to have been drunk over the next few days.

ATB

Just thought I'd let you all know I successfully brewed a BK Clone out here in NZ.
Same grain bill but:
25G Motueka 90
25G Homegrown NZ Cascade and 'German' hops 30
20g EKG 15
20g EKG 10
20g Homegrown hops 0

Results: spectacular. Will be doing this again!

Thanks Wez

Further to my last reply; I've brewed BK again, this time with 100% NZ Cascade. What a beer! Took it to a start-up commercial brewery where they asked me for the recipe!

just ordered my ingredients!! hope i am not too late

as i am still a newbie and this will wither be AG2 or 3 i may stick to the original recipie.... then again i have a GW book and a mix of hops coming. maybe time to experiment!

Brewday here tomorrow so think I might do a BK, no challenger so will use northern brewer for bittering.

Latest posts

Back