Frozen!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakeyboi

Landlord.
Reaction score
I picked up a chest freezer yesterday ready to build a keezer this weekend and i thought I would test it out and chill down my kegs as it's a barmy 8C here. Just got home from work to find 3 frozen cornies :doh:

Forgot to switch it off:doh::doh:

It doesn't look like anything has split or burst (quite impressed). What's the likely hood of the kegs being ok? Also how will the beer be?

Jake

IMG_0627.jpg

I've only ever drunk commercial lager after this sort of mishap, and it was dog****. But to be fair, it was dog**** before I did it also so not 100% sure.

Get yourself an inkbird ASAP mate.

I picked up a chest freezer yesterday ready to build a keezer this weekend and i thought I would test it out and chill down my kegs as it's a barmy 8C here. Just got home from work to find 3 frozen cornies :doh:

Forgot to switch it off:doh::doh:

It doesn't look like anything has split or burst (quite impressed). What's the likely hood of the kegs being ok? Also how will the beer be?

Jake

Only 1 way to find out.....

Well, beer is frozen deliberately to make an Eisbock and for other beers to freeze distill. So it may not be ruined. But as others said, there is only one way to find out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so you all know, beer and keg are fine! In fact the beer is delicious full extract hbc American brown ale.

Is that freezer deep enough not to have a collar installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've discovered a new craft beer: American Iced Ale. Stick it tiny cans and sell it to bearded youngsters in skinny jeans for a fiver each!

Back