fruit flys

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack

Reaction score
Just before i went on holiday i saw some strange flys fying around the house so i went to investigate i saw some big ones and some tiny ones they ha dred eyes are they fruit flys :shock: ? :thumb:

good job i spent the night removing them :twisted:

I bought on of those uv light fly zappers but they seem to be the only insect which are not drawn to uv light.

I think with those UV fly zappers, the light attracts the flies but there are two wire meshes and the fly has to contact both to frazzle itself. Fruit flies are just too small to complete a circuit and can fly in and out at will. The hand held bug raquets have a much smaller spark gap, so those do still work.

I have a wasp trap hanging in the kitchen in close proximity to the fruit bowls, baited with some pineapple or banana in a glug of WOW. I also have a couple of sticky fly traps in the corners of the kitchen window, which look a bit prettier than standard fly papers but do the same job. I think they were in packs of 3 for about a quid from Aldi.

i thought my house had been invaded by some sort of alien fly :lol:

Latest posts

Back