Fullers Honeydew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TartanSpecial

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've been thinking to brewing this for some time but didn't know how much honey they added to get that 'hint' of honey. Well luckily that bloke that did the video of harvesting fullers yeast during a brewery tour, also did one where the brewers said how much honey went into the brew... 1200kg for 520 hectolitres (never heard of hectolitres before)= 52,000 ltrs =0.6kt per 26ltr = approx 0.5kg per 23ltrs. Need to choose the honey..orange blossom would be nice but they say there's is brazilian. They say they use first gold hops on their site. Only question (a current obsession) is the ultra golden colour they get.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0SckmvV-c4[/ame]

re: the colour obsession - I've got some cara gold which I think I got by accident. I've used it in an american IPA and that turned out quite gold. Why don't I try some in this weekend's (hopefully) golden sheep brew to see what the colour effect is and report back.

re: the colour obsession - I've got some cara gold which I think I got by accident. I've used it in an american IPA and that turned out quite gold. Why don't I try some in this weekend's (hopefully) golden sheep brew to see what the colour effect is and report back.

thanks, that would be great.:thumb:

Latest posts

Back