GeterBrewed Single Hop Citra Mash Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be they cocked up the grains, I remember someone here liked a grain kit from HBC and reordered it and it was completeley different and missing all the specialty grains

Well... after another poke - Geterbrewed finally got back to me and said that the Master Brewer has confirmed that the Citra IPA mash kit should look like that!

It apparently has the exact same grain recipe as the Mandarina Bavaria single Hop kit which I also bought from them at the same time...... funny that.

Its also funny that I wrote a review on their website 2 weeks ago describing just how dark it was and that the roasted grain flavours overpowered the zesty citrus notes of the hops........... and it not been published.

I think someone had a post on this forum a few weeks back about how Geterbrewed were a double edged sword.
I'll order from them again as they are very well priced and the ingredients smell amazingly fresh....... just don't think I'll order a kit which has been designed by their "master brewer" again.

I've found them to be a bit mixed too but nothing bad to complain about really. No instructions on my biab starter malt kit which was easily rectified and last month I bought the Irish craft lager mash kit for my brother in law and they sent enough for 2 brews!

I found the single hop Ella kit to be equally dark and roasty, I still have most of a keg sitting waiting to mellow out a bit. No hop aroma or flavour at all really.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back