Glasses

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI Lisa I use pub ones too and vary depending on what I am drinking. My favourite at the moment are very old Worthington Red Shield for ales as that is non-nucleated but for IPA's etc I use a Grolsch or Becks Vier(square) which are both nucleated.

Why nucleated, they drive my home brew crazy

Because my beer looks like it has piddly carbonation, until I try a nucleated glass and then it goes nuts. I'm trying not to over-carbonate, but normal glasses seem to be giving me a false impression of the carbonation level. Hope you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Shipyard is sometimes served in the stemmed pint glasses at Spoonswink....
I also bought 2 of that type and from memory it could have been at the Range but not 100% on that

I won't worry about having loads of bubbles bouncing around your glass.

For me it's more about having the right glass for the style. This helps with getting aromas and flavour out of your beer.

Check this site for glasses and make sure you get the right style for what you drink. Don't do has hinted and steal.

https://www.stephensons.com/glassware/beer-glasses

I know this sounds daft. But have you tried Amazon. You can get 6doz tulip shaped glasses for around £15 and they’re very good. You don’t have to steal from your local like some have suggested 😠

Latest posts

Back