Good Afternoon - Flixon Breweries Here - Haylp!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flixonbrews

Reaction score
Good afternoon, Flixon Breweries Here,

Roddy's turbo cider in the bucket. Just tested it today. We've done 40 pints worth, all in pure Lidl apple juice and a EC-1118 yeast and some yeast nutrients. It's been heated to around 21-22 degrees throughout primary fermentation for 10 days.

We forgot to put the bobber in it, but we've took a bit out today, enough to test it on the palate and with the bobber stick. The bobber stick reading was 1.030 ish, and it tasted like cider, but it tasted a bit weak.

Now then, do you think we should just leave it for longer, or should we bang some sugar into it? It's no good having fizzy glassfuls of tramp juice that won't make us wobble is it?

Any advice would be much appreciated by the Master Brewers here at Flixon Breweries. For now, we've sealed her back up, and zipped up her high viz jacket.

Ten four, over and out. :thumb:

Leave it longer, it'll have further to ferment so it'll get a bit more poke to it. Sugar will weaken the glorious flavour of lidl's finest apples.

I'm sure you'll be sleeping on park benches and picking fights with imaginary people in no time.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Leave it longer, it'll have further to ferment so it'll get a bit more poke to it. Sugar will weaken the glorious flavour of lidl's finest apples.

I'm sure you'll be sleeping on park benches and picking fights with imaginary people in no time.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Brilliant. I'll contact NCP for some advice on the nearest stairwell to my mate's garage... ahem... I mean, Flixon Breweries Head Office and Microbrewery Central. :whistle:

Latest posts

Back