Good beer hunting - Hook Norton brewery.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi tanglefoot,

I done the hook Norton brewery tour the one time we went to the cotswolds for a weekend away a couple of summers ago. It is honestly the best tour I have done. Previously I had done the Adnams tour, then to go to this it was like chalk and cheese, adnams was very shiny German stainless steel equipment. All very impressive but very soulless.

Hook Norton... wow I was totally blown away by the history and the character. Loved it! I just wish I could buy more of their beers locally and /or their postage and packaging was more reasonable.

I would highly recommend the tour. We also visited the cotswold gin distillery, that was nice too.

My two favourites were old hooky and their red rye beer. I was happy to find an old hooky clone recipe in the Graham wheeler book, which was one if my first AG brews and came out really well, one of the brews that i have done out of that book that is most like its commercial original.

Really hope you get down there soon for a tour. Let me know what you think!

Latest posts

Back