Good brew day yesterday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gb0wers

Reaction score
Bit of a brew day yesterday.
Racked a 30 bottle California Connoisseur Pinot Grigio kit as it had been at .994 for 7 days. Tastes like its going to be very palatable.

Sampled a Beaverdale Pinot Grigio I gallon that has been bulk ageing for 3 months. Too dry for our taste so did some sweetening experiments with white grape juice (that I read about on here). After some trial and error 5 ml of WGJ in 75 ml of wine tastes about right. I need to adjust the demijohn today so will start out with proportionally less. Another excuse for tasting ;-))

Sampled an unknown 1 gallon Beaverdale white also after 3 months bulk aging. I forgot to write what it was on the instructions, but its a more "golden" colur than the PG. Tasted good and ready for bottling.

Third was a gallon of Butler Portavino that has been bulk aging for 3 months. The missus' favourite and I've been ordered to get some more of it on the go.

I resumed brewing around May time and have 2 Galls of scratch Blackberry, 2 Galls of scratch Elderflower and around 13 Gallons of various kit wines on the go including supermarket juice.
I was making notes on the various instructions and post-its but out of necessity have started a notebook, with each batch being numbered.

What an enjoyable past-time.

Graham
PS popped a 32 pint Woodforde's Admiral Reserve kit on as well. Kitchen looks like a brewery / winery.

Back