Got it going , well started anyways !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I can cope. Just gonna put 23ltrs of if on to get a stock
I've been brewing less that 2 months and I have 80 pints bitter conditioning. 20 pints turbo c bottled. 80 pints lager conditioning
40 pints stout conditioning. 60 bottles of Pinot from kits bottled. 40 pints bitter ready to bottle
23 litres wow variants fermenting
And tonight 23 ltre batch of turbo cider going in.

It's a full time job to get a stock. Isn't it.
you better hope it all doesn't taste like sheeeeeiìììttt eh hehe

Hope not. But I will drink whatever it is. The lagers and bitters and wine kits are sound. Have tried all of them. The rests a gamble

Hope not. But I will drink whatever it is. The lagers and bitters and wine kits are sound. Have tried all of them. The rests a gamble
you're safe enough I reckon ! WOW's have been fairly low-risk for me so far...

the fun is in the making though 😃

Good to hear. Can't wait to try one. I have a red grape and Apple been 6 days today still fermenting like mad. And also a rgj with grapefruit. 8 days airlock still going every 5 seconds

[ame]https://vimeo.com/146570975[/ame]

Temptation got the better of me , got a bit more clearing to do but it's lovely, would have liked more raspberry flavour but that's all I'd change its defo got a cracking fizz to it look at those bubbles and at basically 8% we'll see how the night goes

983ab1228cfd1d282aa07db69080a6fa.jpg

Oh man. I got jealous so popped a bottle I the fridge. Just had it only been bottled Friday night.
Not as clear as yours but carbed up great. The taste is a bit sharp to start with but the flavour is awesome. Copied your recipe exactly. I have just bought some new yeast as I think have you. If that can take the sharpness away I feel this might just be a staple brew.
All things said after the initial sharpness the flavour really is amazing. Will need to do a zero sugar or syrup batch to keep alcohol lower. Simply because I want to drink more.

Lmao well I finished that one bottle and I definitely felt it [emoji50] 8%

I've been looking about so far I've found farmfoods 100% apple juice has the lowest sugar content at 9.4g per 100ml so if my calculations that roddy gave me is correct

9.4 x 10 (1ltr) = 94g per carton
94 x 4 cartons = 376g
Batch prime with 100 ml of syrup = 84g

460g in total

Now apparently 85g of sugar is 1%

So 460 / 85 is 5.4 % or there about which isn't to bad compared to 8% [emoji23] wonder if it's possible to emit 1 carton of juice for water coz that would bring it to 4.3%

I think that's correct someone fix me if its not [emoji23][emoji23]

I'd be happy at 5.4 ish. But mine like yours you know you have had a pint. And unfortunately it lasts seconds because it's so refreshing. Will we lose taste by omitting 1 juice and replacing with water. Why am I asking let's try. Type out the recipe and let's try to perfect the rasp tc

I don't reckon so, I made a few cider kits last year that were 2L apple concentrate and 20L water, which were okish

Next one I'll do I'll aim for about 5%

Yeh I might go for the 5.4 one that's close enough to what I want as a normal drink , Riddy di u think adding the extra 35ml of syrup would make much difference or would it just be extra fizz , I mean the taste was there but not fully

I'm not sure that you'd get much more flavour to be honest, but be careful about over priming ! (I stick with about 6g max per 500ml)

Lmao I'll stick to what I done then maybe just use farmfoods juice less sugar cheers for the advice roddy ! [emoji106]

Ok tonight I'm going to make another batch of this raspberry tc.
I am going to use 14l of aj.
I'm not going to add any sugar but add all the other usuals inc glycerin pectolas yeast nutrient etc.
I'm thinking if 4.5 litres came out too strong using 4l juice if I added 3l of water would that be too watery once brewed. I will be carbonating with syrup.

Here's my recipe for a 5.2% cider I'll do soon

for 25L looks like 19.5 apple required (rest tea and water)

5% cider.JPG

Loving that. Like the spread sheet care to share?
I don't have 19 litres only 14 so my calcs say 3.5litres of water and tea to same result. Assuming my sugar content is similar

Latest posts

Back