Grainfather , malt miller shout out

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja7

Reaction score
Hi there can i just give a shout out to the team at malt miller and the grainfather .
I had a faulty s40 all in one and both partys could not be more helpfull .
Contact from both partys , updates pick up from my home address from grainfather for repair and no qwestions asked .
In end item needed replacing and malt miller was straight on the ball and replaced
Top service from both post sales
Thank you

Hi there can i just give a shout out to the team at malt miller and the grainfather .
I had a faulty s40 all in one and both partys could not be more helpfull .
Contact from both partys , updates pick up from my home address from grainfather for repair and no qwestions asked .
In end item needed replacing and malt miller was straight on the ball and replaced
Top service from both post sales
Thank you
I had a delivery go to Austria in the before days and couriers being couriers said they couldn't find my address. The guys at maltmiller emailed me immediately to sort it out.

I even gave them a go after brexit but never again (to clarify, through absolutely no fault of maltmiller) as a £200 order ended up being £300.

They're top guys who are always on the ball with service and product range and a damn fine website.

I had a delivery go to Austria in the before days and couriers being couriers said they couldn't find my address. The guys at maltmiller emailed me immediately to sort it out.

I even gave them a go after brexit but never again (to clarify, through absolutely no fault of maltmiller) as a £200 order ended up being £300.

They're top guys who are always on the ball with service and product range and a damn fine website.
If you're a private individual and order less than 150€ of goods the order now goes with the EU's IOSS scheme (which they didn't have ready until at least 6 months after Brexit, but it means that VAT is collected at the point of purchase and there are no courier handling or import duties to pay. So the kind of customs mis-calculations (which I'm guessing that was) don't happen. (I'm TMM customer service BTW)

If you're a private individual and order less than 150€ of goods the order now goes with the EU's IOSS scheme (which they didn't have ready until at least 6 months after Brexit, but it means that VAT is collected at the point of purchase and there are no courier handling or import duties to pay. So the kind of customs mis-calculations (which I'm guessing that was) don't happen. (I'm TMM customer service BTW)
Great to know, thanks!

A big part of the customs fee was DHL admin fees, especially as they charge on a per line basis

No as part of the customs declaration we provide our IOSS number, which puts it into the scheme and the shipment is sent as “Deliver Duty Paid”, which means that the shipper is paying the related costs. We pay the VAT in a monthly return and there is a small handling fee which we cover but as part of the scheme governments waive the import duty.

Customs can still ask questions about the contents, it’s not any kind of pre-clearance.

No as part of the customs declaration we provide our IOSS number, which puts it into the scheme and the shipment is sent as “Deliver Duty Paid”, which means that the shipper is paying the related costs. We pay the VAT in a monthly return and there is a small handling fee which we cover but as part of the scheme governments waive the import duty.

Customs can still ask questions about the contents, it’s not any kind of pre-clearance.
Thanks a mill for the response! That's great to know 👍

Does IOSS work both ways? ie into the UK.
Yes it does but there is a big BUT. It is worth us going through the whole registering process and all the hassle with the paperwork as we are selling to 26/27 other countries. We have had to register, and pay VAT in France for the whole of the EU. EU countries are only selling to UK, so unless they have a large market in the UK it is not worth it. This is why so many EU companies have simply given up shipping to the UK.

Latest posts

Back