Green bullet pale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is dam funny though as i have been using Munich in a few brews as of late and i have noticed much better head retention :-?

It is dam funny though as i have been using Munich in a few brews as of late and i have noticed much better head retention :-?

That might be it then Steve. I dunno I've not used it before.

I think the hops were stale though as it has a bit of a fag ash aftertaste. Like you smoked a camel then had a pint.

That sounds hideous I know but it's actually not that bad and I didn't notice it til I'd finished it. It won't put me off at any rate.

That might be it then Steve. I dunno I've not used it before.

I think the hops were stale though as it has a bit of a fag ash aftertaste. Like you smoked a camel then had a pint.

That sounds hideous I know but it's actually not that bad and I didn't notice it til I'd finished it. It won't put me off at any rate.

Im just guessing Gareth but the last 3 brews with 3 different yeasts and grain bills apart from the Munich addition in all 3 have had the best head of any brew i have ever made :-? or maybe im just getting better :-?

Im just guessing Gareth but the last 3 brews with 3 different yeasts and grain bills apart from the Munich addition have had the best head of any brew i have ever made :-? or maybe im just getting better :-?
Did the one with Munich taste like lager?

Did the one with Munich taste like lager?
Actually no bit i have noticed more than what id expect sweetness from it, i decided to use Munich and drop my Crystal what i would normally use and all the ales have been a bit sweeter but have had great mouthfeel and depth about them if that makes sense :-?

Actually no bit i have noticed more than what id expect sweetness from it, i decided to use Munich and drop my Crystal what i would normally use and all the ales have been a bit sweeter but have had great mouthfeel and depth about them if that makes sense :-?

That's what's confused me, I expected the Munich to add some sweetness but it's quite crisp and dry. God knows what's going on, this brewing lark is all a bloody mystery isn't it?

But by Christ we LOVE IT!

Back