Green Hop Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dronfieldbrewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Today was the day for my green hopped ale. I managed to pick 1.5kg of big juicy Bramlin Cross hops of my 2 yr old hop plant. To say it grew like topsy this year was an understatement...Last year I had a handful of hops but this year there were hops everywhere

for 60 litres...

12kg of Maris Otter (using Crisp Maris Otter for first time)
1kg of crystal
60 gms of Chocolate malt
500 gms of Flaked Maize

hops....

500 gms first wort 75min boil
250 gms at 30mins from end
500 gms with 5mins to go
250 gms at flameout and steep for 15 mins.

pitching reclaimed yeast from Fullers..

Hi DB,

Using all 'straight from the bine' hops do you think this will be a really different brew ? A really different result ?

Never had such a thing as far as I know. People talk about 'grassy' flavours and the like. Have you tried this before ?

I've got, maybe, about 300g of East Kent Goldings 'fresh' in, hopefuly, a couple of weeks. Would love to give a small bash a go.

Cheers and hope it turns out well.

A

Sounds really nice, the fresh hops smell amazing. I've got loads of challenger this year + some cascade. Could go for a wet hopped Yorkshire Terrier type beer? T

evanvine said:
Are you using dry hop rates?
You need 5x the amount of green hops!

I took this on board and formulated the recipe to match the weight of hops off the plant..Tasting the sample before pitching it has a good zing to it from the hops and smells beautiful.

Latest posts

Back