Grumpy Barstewards Corner.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BBC (thought not just the BBC)

We had the London attack which happening in the afternoon, unless you had been living under a rock that day you knew just about everything there was to know after the early evening news, why did the BBC need to send two of its breakfast reporters to the scene to report what had happened the day before, a total waste of licence payers money and they seem to do this every time something
happens.

Staying with BBC News why does it take two presenters to read the morning news they sit side by side switching between each other at the end of every sentence, they give that little sideways look as if they had not expected the other to take over, my blood is begging to boil just thinking about it.

We had the London attack which happening in the afternoon, unless you had been living under a rock that day you knew just about everything there was to know after the early evening news, why did the BBC need to send two of its breakfast reporters to the scene to report what had happened the day before, a total waste of licence payers money and they seem to do this every time something
happens.

Staying with BBC News why does it take two presenters to read the morning news they sit side by side switching between each other at the end of every sentence, they give that little sideways look as if they had not expected the other to take over, my blood is begging to boil just thinking about it.

That Dan Walker bloke really annoys me, everything he says he has a smirk on his face. His main aim seems to be to get his female co-star to dissolve into laughter, which is what usually happens. He seems to forget that he is really jus there to read the autocue instead of trying to entertain the audience with his attempt at comedy.

I hadn't really noticed, i am sure i will from now on.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VKvs1qozZU[/ame]

Ye freaks me out, too. Sat there looking gormlessly at one another until it's their turn to speak - usually when one has finished a sentence and the other 'picks up the baton'. WTF?!? Maybe they can only remember one at a time. And why does Fiona whassherface always look like she's about to burst into laughter even when reporting the grimmest news? Bring back Reginald Bosanquet (sp?) I say.

Still on newsreaders.... I think they should sack the lot except Clive Myrie - he's the bestest IMO. Mind you he'd have his work cut out covering for the muppets. Maxine Croxall can share the duty and restore M/F balance at the same time. Result!

Lol, the difference between 'knowing your ****' and 'knowing you're ****'!

Now you've got me started.

There and their.

Also Text typing in forums when we all have a keyboard in front of us be it a PC, Laptop, tablet or phone, i do not mind abbreviations but lazy typing really does annoy me.

Rule 3 in our Rules and Regulations - Please, no "txtr" or "l337" style typing, abbreviations are acceptable for specific terms.

Another one on Telly that annoyed me recently, have heard it a few times mainly from politicians

They say the "proof is in the pudding" which is absolutely meaningless.

The proper quote is "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" which make s much more sense
Seems that these politician types are just too damn lazy to use the full version and shortened it to mangled useless statement, I suppose that is what they are good at!

Another one that annoys me is people (especially on T.V) saying "I personally" at the begging of a sentence.

Hi!

So, another one to watch out for is "re-look at". Whatever happened to "re-examine"?

I have deliberately started the sentence with "so"; this also is becoming very common.

People should get a Grammar Expletive Mug.

When I go shopping and am standing with the trolley while SWMBO reads the ingredients of most of the products on the aisle. If I had the trolley parked in front of shelves of fresh elephant poo then someone has to come up and move me out of the way as they need some elephant dung right there and then.
Oh it's you is it that keeps parking his blasted trolley in my way:lol::lol::lol:

Cyclists are a menace around my way. Some of the roads are quite narrow so overtaking cyclists is not easy. One in particular on a 40mph stretch. You'd think they would use the cycle lane that is their to keep themselves safe, but no, they have to use the road and quite often traffic comes to a complete standstill behind them. They dont even try to stay near the edge of the road, but go into the middle of the lane and then give abuse to motorists who complain they are blocking the road. Or they sit 2 or 3 abreast slowly going along. I've hod one or two confrontations with them myself.

And dont think I dont know what Im talking about, I didnt take my driving test until I was 29 as I cycled everywhere before that and have well over 100,000 miles under my belt (my belt is of course a lot larger now I dont cycle :lol:)

Cyclists are a menace around my way. Some of the roads are quite narrow so overtaking cyclists is not easy. One in particular on a 40mph stretch. You'd think they would use the cycle lane that is their to keep themselves safe, but no, they have to use the road and quite often traffic comes to a complete standstill behind them. They dont even try to stay near the edge of the road, but go into the middle of the lane and then give abuse to motorists who complain they are blocking the road. Or they sit 2 or 3 abreast slowly going along. I've hod one or two confrontations with them myself.

And dont think I dont know what Im talking about, I didnt take my driving test until I was 29 as I cycled everywhere before that and have well over 100,000 miles under my belt (my belt is of course a lot larger now I dont cycle :lol:)

I have moved this to this thread as it's more appropriate

Just run the buggers over and laugh at the mess of silly helmets and ripped lycra in your rear-view mirrors. Then start a campaign to make the leeches pay road tax.

Just run the buggers over and laugh at the mess of silly helmets and ripped lycra in your rear-view mirrors. Then start a campaign to make the leeches pay road tax.

Dont. I am aware of at least 2 being knocked off and there have been a number of other accidents in the area that could be cyclists. They have to take a lot of the blame themselves for their dangerous and selfish way of riding though. I had one shouting at me and calling me a c*** for a short bib on the horn when one of his group swerve about 3 feet further out from the curb as I was starting to overtake him. When I put the brakes on to stop and have a chat with him he stayed well back though.

@ale and @gunge for every tale you have of a cyclist being an A-hole I have an equal number of drivers acting in the same manner. towards cyclists. I also have an equal number of stories of drivers being a-holes to other drivers (more in fact, I see far more road rage incidents between drivers than drivers and cyclists) so I definately dont think it's a case of drivers vs cyclists or anything. Basically what I'm saying is you're far more likely to get called a c*nt by another driver :mrgreen:

Ok sorry a bit harsh maybe but let's be straight I don't like cyclists, mainly cos they make themselves look ridiculous and the ones I see regularly (at the very last moment) on the way home from a night shift in the dark with no lights on whatsover really have no-one but themselves to blame if they get squashed. Course, it'd still be the car driver's fault.

Latest posts

Back