Happy brewing from Sunderland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comicbrew

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been brewing and winemaking off and on over the years. Just got me a nice insulated mash tun. My most recent brew is a an Mercian IPA, but at session strength. Bittered with Columbus with alter additions of Columbus and fuggles. Seems quite promising. Been conditioning for a week.:thumb:

I like the videos. Thanks. Have been thinking about making wine with carton fruit juice for a while. I remember the old Florida Orange recipe in Berry's First Steps.....I used to avoid juices as they contained sulphites, but I take it they are preservative free these days?

This Forum seems to get a new member from Sunderland just about every week! As well as being home to "by far the greatest team the World has ever seen" it also appears to be the Homebrew capital of Britain!

Welcome to the forum :)

I have to disagree about the football team though I'm afraid (Boro fan) ;)

This Forum seems to get a new member from Sunderland just about every week! As well as being home to "by far the greatest team the World has ever seen" it also appears to be the Homebrew capital of Britain!

I think it's because the football drives us to drink, and I'm a season ticket holder!

Welcome by the way comicbrew, I only joined and started very recently and have started a juice wine yesterday (red grape) - I don't think the juice I used has preservatives, if it was in the fridge isle of the supermarket? I hope not anyways, I used Don Simon red grape from Asdas

Al

Peanut butter - wow! let me know how you get on.

I'm going to give it a whirl too. Got an old heater from my dad's loft and have two demijohns in the garage, which I'll bleach and rinse. I fancy apple and pomegranate. I have some Turboyeast too, which made a mean ginger wine last year @ 18%. Was lovely. A nice winter warmer.
:oops::oops:

Peanut butter - wow! let me know how you get on.

It'll be a while. Once I bottle my Belgian pale I'll have about 120 pints worth of beer.

I saw a write up of one so googled it and found a blog of a bloke who did one. He just took a normal milk stout recipe but replaced half of the lactose sugar with PB2 powder (about £5 for 300g on Amazon) and it turned out well.

Latest posts

Back