Hazelwood’s Brewday Part 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last brew day was November 3rd so it’s time to get back on it. Because I haven’t brewed for a while I want to start by freshening up my kit so yesterday I gave it all a good caustic soak followed this morning by an acid rinse.

My kit is now all shiny and has no smell.
IMG_5871.jpeg

Tomorrow I’ll change the deionisation crystals in my RO machine and then prepare the water and grist for a brew on Monday.

This tranche will be a Baltic Porter, DIPA, Schwarzbier, and a Black IPA.

My last brew day was November 3rd so it’s time to get back on it. Because I haven’t brewed for a while I want to start by freshening up my kit so yesterday I gave it all a good caustic soak followed this morning by an acid rinse.

View attachment 94420
Tomorrow I’ll change the deionisation crystals in my RO machine and then prepare the water and grist for a brew on Monday.

Black IPA that must be a first for you H.

View attachment 94420

🥳

Bought. I don’t have any interest in brewing low-alcohol beers but you never know, that could change after tasting the ones I bought.
I can't handle much alcohol these days and an aware of my health. So I'm tempted to try low alcohol brews

I can't handle much alcohol these days and an aware of my health. So I'm tempted to try low alcohol brews

Try as in buy and try or try as in brew ?

If its buy then I can recommend Leffe in particular but TBH they all taste OK.

Once accidentally gave the daughter's BF a zero stella instead of the 5% stuff and he didn't know.

Try as in buy and try or try as in brew ?

If its buy then I can recommend Leffe in particular but TBH they all taste OK.

Once accidentally gave the daughter's BF a zero stella instead of the 5% stuff and he didn't know.
Try as in brew

The Schwarzbier is done, 22 litres with an OG of 1050 but it’s not in the fermentation cabinet. For this batch I’m trying Novalager yeast which ferments at 10-20C so I decided to ferment it in the main brewshed which is kept at 14C. This also means I have a spare slot in the fermentation cabinet so I’ll bring forward an Altbier from the next tranche.
IMG_5901.jpeg

Tomorrows brew is the Black IPA.

The Black IPA is done and just shy of 23 litres is in the fermentation cabinet. OG is 1052.
IMG_5908.jpeg

Tomorrows brew will be the fifth brewday this week and will be the last brew in this tranche, Altbier.

I’m currently planning the next tranche to include German Lager, Best bitter, English Pale Ale, Strong Bitter, and Stout. I won’t start the next tranche though for over a week so plenty of time to change my mind.

Latest posts

Back