Hello chaps, Pfeffer here

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pfeffer

Regular.
Reaction score
Hello Chaps,

I'm new to the brewing stuffs. I attempted two brews of which one succeeded (during my study, brewing hefeweizen) and later a belgian stronge blonde, which unfortunately somehow cluttered with green mold.

About myself, I'm not british, though I decided to register myself here because you guys tend to have a better understanding of European beers compared to the US folks. Also this forum is a bit more appealing than the Dutch/German counter parts.

As I travel a lot for work (think US, UK, Singapore) I had to opportunity to taste quite some local beers, and to be honest.. The US is miles behind with regards to my taste. I guess it's something they are used to.

I'm actually turning 29 next Sunday, so I'm quite young. I work in planning for a major player on the DNA sequencing market and enjoy my beers for relaxation. I have a background in laboratorium technics, biotech and logistics (yes, those three do go together in my job). My taste lies in pilseners (Grolsch, Beck's, DAB, Paderborner), hefeweizen (especially naturtrueb/cloudy ones) and belgian blondes (the beer type ones.. Like Duvel, La Chouffe, Westmalle, Achel). In rare occasions I freak out and drink some Bock (like Paulaner Salvator), sjoes, stout, porter or belgian witbier.

I'm hoping to learn a thing or two about brewing to start my own brew soon. I'm still figuring out what I'd like to try, but it will most like be a bit ale-ish.

In short, I'm in it to learn! :grin: (and get tipsy along the way..)

Latest posts

Back