Hello fellow brewers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starflyer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Ian and I've been brewing for around ten years, I started out with kits and moved to all grain about five years ago doing BIAB. I bought a BrewMonk Magus a couple of years ago and I'm loving the higher efficiency and better consistency I get with it.

I'm a big fan of dark beers and always have a stout or porter on one of my taps and various other styles (sorry sour lovers, but never a sour), on the other two.

Cheers,
Ian

Hello Ian, and welcome aboard. Sour beers are beers that have gone off, aren't they?

Joking aside, I also laike dark beers and I'm finding dark milds at around 4% a very interesting style. Made one recently using harlequin, which, after the very out of place grapefruit, had settled down, matured to have quite a mellow and surprising cannabis character. So I've decided to knock up the same recipe with strata to see if I can get it even more mellow.

Last edited:
Hello Ian, and welcome aboard. Sour beers are beers that have gone off, aren't they?

Joking aside, I also laike dark beers and I'm finding dark milds at around 4% a very interesting style. Made one recently using harlequin, which, after the very out of place grapefruit, had settled down, matured to have quite a mellow and surprising cannabis character. So I've decided to knock up the same recipe with strata to see if I can get it even more mellow.
I wonder if you could ‘dry hop’ but with hemp leaves - 100% legal btw!

Hello and welcome. I love dark beers too. I’m enjoying a nice Dunkel Hefeweizen at the moment. Just 12 bottles left.

Attachments

• 7947BAD6-929C-4670-89A9-6615E1F1019D.jpeg
    7947BAD6-929C-4670-89A9-6615E1F1019D.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back