Hello from dark damp Dartmouth, Devon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitardan

Reaction score
Just a quick post to say hello :D

Not totally new to wine brewing, but its been about 20 years since I did owt, and even back then it was only boots wine kits (oh heck, cringe). And, the 1st brew after all those years - well I just wanted to see it bubble - Youngs Winebuddy.

Now that i've got the bug, a trip to the local skips got me a few demijohns and airlocks, a few quid on ebay got me some brewing bits and bobs, finings, steriliser, yeast etc, and a couple of old books with some long tried reipes, i am ready to try me hand at completely making me own.

I tend to like deep red cab sav stuff, me missus is a sav blanc person, but i intend to try me hand at things such as turnip, parsnip, blackberry, and see what happens.

I'm sure I'll have loads of questions, and many disasters, but the fun is in the trying, the proof is in the bottle :cheers:

Dan

Welcome.

I joined yesterday after a fifteen year break from wine making. I too am looking forward to picking through the hedgerows of Derbyshire this summer for ingedients.

Welcome.

Back