Hello from sleepy Cleveleys

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polypusher

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,
I'm located in lovely Sleepy town of Cleveleys, just down the road from Blackpool.

Basically, over the past 6 months or so I have been broadening my alcoholic tastes. As drinking lager (with the odd cider at summer bbq's) throughout my teens and early 20's, I have come to the conclusion that I don't actually like what I'm drinking.
(Mainly general pub lager slosh, there are some awesome world lagers that I do enjoy)

I have been really enjoying wheat beers over last summer and have just started out in the world of real ales. Pretty much trying anything and everything as to start to understand what I like. Really been enjoying the likes of Hobgoblin over the past couple of months.
With a wetherspoons around the corner and quite a few real ales to have a go at its been fun to say the least.
I think the real Ale festival will be starting soon, around the end of the month which should be great :drink: :whistle:

Anyway, onto why I joined....
I was debating a wine starter kit sometime last year but put it on the backburner due to a house move etc, but I am now seriously looking into starting out with a few homebrew kits. So have decided I will be purchasing the Woodfordes Nog Microbrewery to get me started and probably a decent wheat beer to get going once the nogs kegged up. (If anyone has a good example, that would be most welcome ;) )

This is really an amazing place you all have here, been reading around here for months now, so that has definitely boosted my confidence for my first brew attempt. If all goes to plan, I can easily see getting bit by the brew bug and going nuts on some more kit, ha!

Well thanks for reading a partially random rant :whistle:

Looking forward to getting started on my kit once ordered, and get to know you all. Also be good to get to know some fellow fylde coasters in the process as well :cheers:

Cheers

J :thumb:

polypusher said:
...I have been broadening my alcoholic tastes...
Hello J, and welcome to the wonderful world of brewing! :thumb: My first brew was a bit of a disaster, but I just pretended it didn't happen. Oh, I've just told everyone :D
I'm still only on kits, but I've been trying as many different types as I can get, so its been a bit of an education for me! Curiously, I haven't made a wheat beer yet - that's another thing on the list :-)

Thank :)
I plan to stay on kits myself for a while and see how things go.
As soon as my fvs empty (when I start the Woodfordes nog) I'll be cracking on with a wheat beer kit or possibbly two even three and I was thinking or purchasing another fv with a tap and little bottler....

Had some brilliant news from a local pub recently aswell, I nipped in for pint after work the other day and asked about how they dispose of there empty beer bottles.
They basically said that they would put a whole load of brown glass bottles away for me and I can pick them up when needs be! Absolute result! Saving me a smal fortune in the process.
So with that news I think im going to just get as many kits as I can on really.....well as mch as I can fit in my new brewing room. Ha.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back