Hello from St Helens!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wa10

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name's Marc, I'm perilously close to turning 30 :( and currently call St Helens in Merseyside home.

After a 5 year hiatus, I got my first brew on last night! :D

Nothing special, it's just one of the cheapy kits from the Tesco sale, but it's a start and a way back in.

Hoping to build my setup back up again for AG over the coming months, however in the meantime I've 66 bottles of incredibly cheap wine and 240 pints of kit beer to get cracking with, haha.

First one is a Young's Chardonnay which had been in the DJ for only about an hour and already I was seeing seeing some nice airlock activity. Love the simplicity of dumping it in and letting it get on with things, but looking forward to getting back to experimenting too. :)

The bug has well and truly bitten, 5 gallons of straight TC now also on their way, haha. This one is a bog standard apple, but with a kilo of sugar chucked in too. Aiming to come out close to 7% (for the Mother, who drinks that nasty paint stripper stuff sold in 3L bottles...At least the turbo will have a bit of flavour along with the kick.)

Cheers all!

Welcome to the Forum Marc.
I wish I was perilously close to turning 30 :whistle: :)

Hi Marc, welcome to the forum, I'm perilously close to turning double 30 and then some :-?

Hi from Leigh, use the wine loft in St. Helens for my ingredients, great place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome folks. :)

Nice to see a couple of people local too!

I didn't even realise we had a local shop judge6, and literally 5 mins from me too. Will be sure to pop in and say hello to them, and no doubt walk out several £££ lighter haha.

Latest posts

Back