Hello to one and all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve4520

Reaction score
Hi there ...my name's Steve and i've had an interest in home brewing for some time but never taken the steps to start.Checking out the internet for more info on the subject i soon realised that some help and advice would be very helpful.Due to recent health issues i'm now time rich money poor so have good reasons to do my own homebrew and any help and hints will be gratefully received...So as a total novice i'm wanting to know which brewing kit to start out with , a good lager and any other advice on kit.Hope to hear from anyone and soon to sample my own beer......Cheers :drunk:

I think a lager is a poor first choice. Not easy to make try a nice pale ale or similar

Welcome

I've never made a lager kit, so I can't comment, BUT - my Mrs thinks she only likes lager, but I brew a pale ale for her, call it lager, and she loves it! :lol:

I also suspect the lager kits won't come with lager specific yeast, so it might not be hard to brew, but maybe not so easy to get great results.. :hmm:

Hi and welcome, we organise an annual meet, the spring thing, click on the link at the top of the page for detail and to register for the newsletter.

Thanks everyone for the replies and welcomes...step 1 now is to buy a pale ale and get started....In the posts i've read i come across FV....what is FV ??? :?

Latest posts

Back