Hi

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortHog

Reaction score
A newby with my first brew underway, its from a Brooklyn Brew Shop kit (Brewdog Punk IPA)and I have my fingers crossed it turns out OK. However it went absolutely crazy for two days and is now very cloudy (like soup) and no activity. I'm going to blow my pocket money over the weekend and invest in a hydrometer to see if it is stuck. I may be asking a question or two of you wonderful people.

Welcome to the forum.
cheers:

If you are using the airlock as a guide to what is going on don't worry many FV's are not airtight it'll be fine.

A newby with my first brew underway, its from a Brooklyn Brew Shop kit (Brewdog Punk IPA)and I have my fingers crossed it turns out OK. However it went absolutely crazy for two days and is now very cloudy (like soup) and no activity. I'm going to blow my pocket money over the weekend and invest in a hydrometer to see if it is stuck. I may be asking a question or two of you wonderful people.
It all sounds fine to me - just relax and have a beer

In terms of getting your hydrometer stuck, it rather depends on where you put it.

Welcome to the forum and happy brewing.

Is there any activity at the airlock?

It's totally normal for the fermentation to go mad for 2 or 3 days but then it'll fizz away quietly for up to a week longer though to the naked eye it looks like not much is going on.
The day after I add the yeast I have a peak to see that there's foam, always is, then leave it alone for 10 days. Check with a hydrometer - if it's around 1010 and the beer is starting to clear from the top, I bottle it.

Latest posts

Back