Hic from Sussex

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldskoolturbo

Reaction score
Forgive me Father for I have sinned.
It has been 8 hours since my last drink.
It all started a few weeks back when I decided to give one of those internet "easy alcoholic Ginger Beer" recipes a go. You know the sort, ginger + lemon + sugar + yeast + raisins, put into 2ltr bottle of water, shake, and leave in warm place, releasing gases twice a day.
Well it turned out rather nice, and quite pokey :party: don't know how much was alcohol and how much was the placebo effect as had nothing to test it ... but I do now as have just got a basic brew kit.
Now to decide what to do, which is what has bought me here :wha:
So its a big hi from me, and I will go and have a read and a look.
I am drawn towards a stout as I am a Guinness drinker, though allowing a couple of bottles to sour may be hard :D what would you guys recommend for a first proper brew?

Nothing But Love,
Turbo (Steve)

Hello and welcome to the forum.
If you are brewing kits I'm afraid I can not help as my last kit brewing was 20 years a go.
persevere and go all grain. More labour intensive but worth it in the end.
Got to go as boil for APA is just ready.

Cheers :drink:

hi steve
what bit of sussex are you from?
i used to live in bexhill on the coast
i started on kits and progressed from there
do what ever fits for you don't get pushed along to ag if you dont think it's for you
have fun drink responsibly (i don't) lol

steve b

Hi Guys,
Many thanks for the warm welcome :hat:
Sledgehammer, I am just on the rural outskirts of Bexhill ;)
AG is something I may dabble with sometime in the future, but for now kits will do until i have the time and a little more space to invest into it, and finish the shed first too

Latest posts

Back