Home Brew Shop Boiler Experience

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a lightly damaged one from them a couple of years ago (there’s one on there now I think - damage was a couple of dents. Superficial). It has served me very well (usually c20 litre into FV but pic is of 30 litres at end of boil with 400g wet hops so lots of room), but needed to be insulated. Without insulation it never reached rolling boil. Now it’s not a vigorous boil but does the job (evaporation rate around 4 litres an hour give or take). Replacing element should be relatively easy tho. Really easy to clean, sturdy but takes up a bit of room in storage.
1616609122446.jpeg

I've got 30L version. Using it for sparge and boil in 2 vessel system. Needs nice and thick insulation as @gilund mentioned. Replaced thermometer for therowell for PID. 30-40 brews in and no issues.

I have the 56 litre from the same place, but I got it years ago and mine's a bit different. I don't have the built-in thermometer and I have two heating elements. I do have to be careful not to scorch wort, so once a boil starts I use only one of the elements. I'm guessing that's why they only have one heating element in the present version.
I like what I have, but having only one heating element would add a lot of time to my brew day.

Wooden step stool, braced against wall at back - stable enough when full. Use same vessel as HLT for sparge but then it goes on stove top, with mash tun on the stool.

Latest posts

Back