Homebrew Training

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gvicker1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been on a homebrew training course or could perhaps recommend where to look?

Ive done a few batches and read up on the internet but now quiet fancy going on a course.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

If you're in the northwest, I know that Love Brewing run an introductory style course. Not been on it, so can't offer anything more I'm afraid!

http://www.lovebrewing.co.uk/courses/#.WOKA9nXyvQo
I've been to this in Chesterfield if ur a newbie it's good like me, they show u how to start a kit. Mixing it in the FV temp control using hydrometer stuff like that. They do let u sample quite a few beers what they have brewed and there's a trolley full of spirits to try as well. I was there for about 2 hours.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

If you're in the northwest, I know that Love Brewing run an introductory style course. Not been on it, so can't offer anything more I'm afraid!

http://www.lovebrewing.co.uk/courses/#.WOKA9nXyvQo
I've been to this in Chesterfield if ur a newbie it's good like me, they show u how to start a kit. Mixing it in the FV temp control using hydrometer stuff like that. They do let u sample quite a few beers what they have brewed and there's a trolley full of spirits to try as well. I was there for about 2 hours.

Been on this one. Well worth the day out. Demonstrates that brewing decent all grain beer at home is actually not very difficult.

Mind, I've just seen the OP's location which means it's a fair trek away!

I've been on this course too. I really rated it; buffet lunch was good, got to sample beer from previous course, participants brought in their HB for others to try.

What I really liked was that they ran 2 brews, one on a 3 vessel system so that you understood the science, and another on a grainfather to show how how easy it can be :lol:

You might be best off finding a fellow forum member or someone from a local brewing club who can invite you round on brew day or join you at your home to help on your equipment.

It might seem daunting but with a few goes, even if they're a bit stressful and full of mistakes, you'll be well on your way. Mistakes are all part of learning and you have to learn what works for you on your kit. Only experience can teach you that.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been on a homebrew training course or could perhaps recommend where to look?

Ive done a few batches and read up on the internet but now quiet fancy going on a course.

Thanks in advance,

Gary
I think if you spend six hours reading this forum you'll gain enough knowledge to produce a decent beer or three. More money left over to buy shiny stuff. Don't get too hung up on numbers and precision. The main thing is cleanliness and of course, enjoying the result.

Brian

Latest posts

Back