Hop Growing 2011

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evanvine said:
Which part of the country are you in JW?.
Both my Fuggles and Goldings are romping away and have needed to be stopped at height.
Think the Brambling Cross may be a Dwarf as it hasn't reached 10' yet!

Am down in surrey - Its probably a combination of a shady garden and poor soil. The fuggle has 2 bines, the longest being about 15' but the leaves are very widely spaced. Not much chance of getting enough to make a brew with this year. Maybe next year will be better!

jonewer said:
evanvine said:
Which part of the country are you in JW?.
Both my Fuggles and Goldings are romping away and have needed to be stopped at height.
Think the Brambling Cross may be a Dwarf as it hasn't reached 10' yet!

Am down in surrey - Its probably a combination of a shady garden and poor soil. The fuggle has 2 bines, the longest being about 15' but the leaves are very widely spaced. Not much chance of getting enough to make a brew with this year. Maybe next year will be better!

Try and get a load of quality horse manure and dig it in the area you will be planting next year. Come next year you'll get some stonkers!

laterals just like in the greenhouse then where i used to work many moons ago. The cucumbers grew on the same :thumb: Good job ive left them alone then

Mine are going mental, serious bulk this year loads of laterals hopefully loads of hops. Hoping to beat 400grm off each plant this year :)
No signs of any hops yet though :(

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Had a bad year this time with Green fly...Bastards.............. ladybirds av just moved in, hope they fill their boots.. :party:

I stretch a sheet out over a frame the loft and spread the hops out on that . . .give it a shake every day to move the hops about . . .and its normally dry enough in 3-4 days

Latest posts

Back