Hop ratio for Jute IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
Jute IPA from salt is probably my favorite session IPA at the moment so going to have a bash at it around the info given on their website. I am obviously well familiar with centennial and mosaic but have never used Vic Secret or Topaz before so unsure how heavy to go with them.

https://www.saltbeerfactory.co.uk/products/jute-session-ipa
malt bill will 85% x pale, 10 wheat and 5 oats, yeast either 05 or verdant, but looking for advice on hops. aiming for 25-30IBUs, mostly from whirlpool, and then a big dry hop. i guess the starting point would be to split evenly. 100g in whirlpool to hit 25 ibu, and a 200g dry hop 50 of each but would be interested in people's thoughts???

Vic Secret and Topaz are fine hops, bursting with flavour. Some say Vic Secret can be a bit coarse when used for bittering. Looking at the cohumulone content, I'm not surprised. But from a country which favours Pride of Ringwood for bittering, they probably think it's nectar. I'd reserve it for late additions and dry hop. You shouldn't have any difficulty with any of the others.
I'm glad to see there's no jute in the recipe. A mate and I once pressed a batch of cider in jute potato sacks. It was horrible.

Latest posts

Back