How did you get your user name.?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckily not had a stroke (thank-you Lord) but had a few TIA's as a warning!

Never had the cojons for racing so just scared myself stupid on the roads; and managed nine months off work after one cock-up! Arthritis put an end to the bikes but I still grab a thumb-full of the quad every so often!

Just realised what is decorating the front carrier. :doh: Photo taken just after having a new knee! :lol: :lol:

IMG_1244.jpg

Great pictures Brian, love the classic outfits.

I raced F1 Sidecars with Bemsee back in 2005. I was the passenger.

12.jpg

But we had a bad accident at the end of the season at Brands Hatch which ended my Sidecar racing career and made walking, sitting or kneeling painful at times.

Now I stick to two and four wheels. I've had my Hayabusa for nearly nine years and love it. I've also got a Westfield Seight (Lotus 7 type car with a V8 in it).

Busa.jpg

My name is Jason, always gets shortened to Jas, and I'm quite big, so my nickname has always been Bigjas.

Jas

My name is Alex but that had gone, so I tried Al and that had gone, then I thought Ale would be my next try and it was available and a great name for a homebrewing forum to boot. BUt it does leave a strange feeling whenever I hear the Pub Landlord say "All hail the ale" now.

Love the Kneeler Bri, me and my mate toyed with the idea of buying one to race (i fancied a go on the chair) but redundancy put the mockers on that and my trials bike as well. :sad:

What was it Bri?

Looking at this thread makes me realise what a complete boring life I have lead. I think its called non-aspiarional!!
However, everytime I see a nutcase on a motor bike I always turn to the wife and say....

There goes another organ donor

Too many years working in an operating theatre

Looking at this thread makes me realise what a complete boring life I have lead. I think its called non-aspiarional!!
However, everytime I see a nutcase on a motor bike I always turn to the wife and say....

There goes another organ donor

Too many years working in an operating theatre

And Im about to get my first bike at 45 because I live in an area with very bad traffic. An average of 10 mph at busy times is very good going. Bikes are allowed to use the bus lanes which are the only ones which are clear. I used to do a lot of cycling when I was younger so used to being ignored by cars and messed about on motorbikes so know I can handle them.

And Im about to get my first bike at 45 because I live in an area with very bad traffic. An average of 10 mph at busy times is very good going. Bikes are allowed to use the bus lanes which are the only ones which are clear. I used to do a lot of cycling when I was younger so used to being ignored by cars and messed about on motorbikes so know I can handle them.

I only live up the road from you so I understand what you are saying

I got mine via a poor attempt at identity theft. Someone applied for a credit card in my real name but was too incompetent to spell it right. When the bank got in touch to let me know, this is apparently how they spelled it. It is nowhere near my actual name, but it stuck as a nickname.

I got mine via a poor attempt at identity theft. Someone applied for a credit card in my real name but was too incompetent to spell it right. When the bank got in touch to let me know, this is apparently how they spelled it. It is nowhere near my actual name, but it stuck as a nickname.

Now that is funny [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I only live up the road from you so I understand what you are saying

Where are you? I was talking about the A259 which is bad from Brighton to Newhaven. Nice views of the sea though while sat in the traffic.

Want to get back on my bikes but after my bad accident the wife sold all three of my bikes. Even my V-Max (the one that's my avatar). Super sad.

Where are you? I was talking about the A259 which is bad from Brighton to Newhaven. Nice views of the sea though while sat in the traffic.
I live in Haywards Heath

Retired from H.M.C.T.S. and 6 my favourite number, simples.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Want to get back on my bikes but after my bad accident the wife sold all three of my bikes. Even my V-Max (the one that's my avatar). Super sad.

I truly feel for you!
My non import 1200 VMax was the last I sold...after 6 others..but still got 400 baby blade sitting in pieces in my pals garage..
Ive thought about track racing again! One handed it's been done!!
Or a trike fitted for one hand..

I truly feel for you!
My non import 1200 VMax was the last I sold...after 6 others..but still got 400 baby blade sitting in pieces in my pals garage..
Ive thought about track racing again! One handed it's been done!!
Or a trike fitted for one hand..

Get a quad!

Not quite the same as a bike but recommended if you are one handed, one legged, arthritic or can hardly walk. :thumb:

A big quad still has the grunt of a bike ... :thumb:

... and in the right hands (or hand?) it can be just as dangerous! :lol: :lol:

A quad is very like a trike. It has the problems of a bike (out in the elements) with none of the benefits (can't filter in traffic).

However, for me it was either a quad or one of those electric scooters that old people ride; and I thought "Stuff that! I'll wait until I'm old!" :whistle: :whistle:

Latest posts

Back