How hop do I hop?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the gravity settled a day or so ago and thus commenced the dry hopping and then bottled a day or so after. It has a really decent aroma, not quite where I want it to be but we shall see what it's like when conditioned.

So you only dry hopped for a day? Bit confusing that first sentence.

Yeah words are hard. I'll rewrite it.

Dry hopped for 48 hours in the end. I got my dad to do it, I'm pretty sure he did a funny job of it, but at least it will be sterile.

That's a great sentence. ;-)

You'd get more from 3-5 days, but two should get some good aroma.

Hop bag is a must in future. Completely forgot. Next time!!!

Yeah that's why I wanted to do the dry hopping in two stages. But I wasn't going to ask my busy dad to weight hops and add at the correct timings since he didn't even stir it. Appalling hop extraction. Fingers crossed anyway.

I don't have space for a few weeks as I'm moving into a narrow boat near Ely. Then I can brew at the Stern :D

Hop bag is a must in future. Completely forgot. Next time!!!

Yeah that's why I wanted to do the dry hopping in two stages. But I wasn't going to ask my busy dad to weight hops and add at the correct timings since he didn't even stir it. Appalling hop extraction. Fingers crossed anyway.

I don't have space for a few weeks as I'm moving into a narrow boat near Ely. Then I can brew at the Stern :D

You'll have some great brew days on your narrow boat! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back