how to make stout creamyer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dye29

Reaction score
hy all ive made my first stout with success its a muntons premium irish stout very nice but the only downfall is it could do with been abit creamyer can this be done with adding any other sugars or something regards ste

not tried it, but apparently a bit of lactose added during the ferment. its non fermentable milk sugar. pretty cheap to buy, but too much will make it far to sweet

the whole pint take for example guiness original in a can its like mine abit watery but guiness in draught also in cans is alot smoother and creamyer

If you want a guiness you need to find yourself a nitrogen/C02 gas mix otherwise +1 for adding oats to the mix should make it alot silkyer.

so what's this about oats? do you just throw them in or do you have to roast them or what?

I did a coopers irish a while back, it was alright, The taste is ok but it was a bit watery and gassy. Problem is being from ireland I've only ever drank the black stuff and of course that is my only real bench mark ;)

Latest posts

Back