hydrometer problem, need help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eammoncass

Reaction score
i started a coopers draught kit on tuesday but my hydrometer was giving me false readings, i put 1kg of dextrose and 500g of spraymalt and it said my OG was 1.32, which can't be right. i since got a lend of my uncles hydrometer and its now fermented down to 1.008 .. if anyone could guesstimate my OG based on previous experience it would be must appreciated.

hi , if it was a 1kg tin then it would be around SG 1032 if it was 1.5kg then it would be around SG 1035 and if 1.8kg tin then SG around 1038 :thumb: that's including using your sugar and malt

It was a 1.7kg tin, thanks for the help, although I've seen on YouTube people with 500g of malt and 500g of sugar and getting an og of around 1.040

thanks for the link mate, there wasnt a coopers draught option but i added a lager and added 3lb and 11 ounces of that which is 1.7kg then added 1kg of corn sugar (dextrose) and 500g of light malt, it gives a OG of between 1.50-1.054

Back