Ideal length of G30 V3 recirculation tubing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks!

Just cleaning my G30 V3 in advance of my first brew day tomorrow and the silicone tube attaching to the recirculation arm seems extremely long (130cm), is this right, does anyone use theirs at this length or does it need trimming? I am struggling to find anything online so consulting the experts!

All the best,
Dominic

I have a previous version and the recirc tube is only about 30cm long. Yours seems really really long.

Did you attach it yourself? The tubing coming out of the CFC is about that length - I wonder if they got put on wrongly?

I would probably cut it down. It just needs to get onto the top of the grain bed.

This is exactly what confused me! So I’m wondering if it’s because there is no longer a top plate on the V3, ie it sort of floats half way in the wart throughout? But then I don’t imagine it will recirculate as efficiently.

I’ve not attached it yet whilst I figure out this conundrum, it’s still 20cm or so longer than the white/translucent pipe coming from the CFC.

Perhaps it will float on top of the grain bed during use?

Maybe do the first brew with it and see how it behaves. Adjust as necessary after that. It won't do any harm for the first brew, but it's annoying if you cut something down and want to un-cut it!

Latest posts

Back