Im jumping out of an aeroplane and I need your help!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leedsbrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all

On 6th October 2009 at Langar Airfield in Nottinghamshire, myself, friends and work colleagues from the Pinderfields Hospital Main X-ray department are prepared to jump from a perfectly serviceable aeroplane at around 13,000 feet off the ground, strapped to a member of the parachute regiment freefall team – the Red Devils - in order to raise funds for Wakefield Hospice!

Wakefield Hospice (registered charity no. 518392) is committed to providing the highest level of symptom management and care for people who have advanced active, progressive and life threatening illness. The hospice endorses a holistic approach in promoting quality of life for patients as well as in the continuing support that is offered to families and carers throughout the period of illness and into bereavement.

I've set up a page on Bmycharity.com to help raise some sponsorship online. Donating through this page is simple, quick and secure. It is the most efficient way to give – so every donation goes further – and if you are a UK taxpayer and give Gift Aid consent the charity will receive an extra 28% at no cost to you.

If anyone can give anything then it will be received with eternal gratitude.

Thanks for reading this

Neil

Please post a link to your individual web page on that site so that peeps can help out :thumb:

leedsbrew said:
Langar Airfield in Nottinghamshire

Blimey that brings back memories - I did one of my early static line jumps at Langer when I was a student. If you enjoy the jump, get yourself on an AFF course - you will love it!

eskimobob said:
I did one of my early static line jumps at Langer when I was a student.
Montford Bridge, near Shrewsbury, for mine :thumb:

Only did a couple then knackered my ankle on landing and never got around to doing it again :(

Going from 13k must be an awesome experience, although I don't think I'd fancy tandem.

Latest posts

Back