Impending doom of glass grenades...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizz head1982

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi :-P

I made some lager, bottled it about two weeks ago. :hmm: I just looked at in the bottle and it was quite clear except for a few small lumps floating very near the bottom. Not a single bubble in sight... Thats wierd i thought. Not one bubble?! Hardly any settlement.

It had come out of a cold 6 week largering :cheers:

I added 1 flat tea spoon per pint... but kinda got lost at 30... :nono: Mostly I think it was ok... :thumb:

I couldnt resist, I poped the top on the Grolsch 400ml. POP! :shock: Big gushing of foam from the once quiet and desolate bottle, I had to put the top back on...

Well it tastes nice, would be better cold. So will my lager explode? :( Do I need to drink it all now? :twisted::lol: Anything I should watch for?

Not had a lager do that but did have a ginger beer do it. Poured whole lot back into fermentor left it for a week at 20 degrees C then bottled again with no problem. I now always check the s.g. before bottling. My lager has been in demijohns for 100 days 6 weeks seems a little on the short side.

If it wasn't cold it shouldn't be a problem, I had a raspberry wheat beer ag do that and so long as you keep it in the fridge for a day or so before opening it, it should calm it down a bit.

Thanks guys, maybe the 1tea spoon for lager, 1/2 for IPA is a bit over egged.. Maybe 1/2 is good enough all the time... Or maybe Im just getting old. :lol:

Latest posts

Back