Imperial red

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashole

Reaction score
Gooday all,
I'm gonna brew up a 'ruby' ale in celebration of my mates littleun (Alice Ruby) being born, want something that is gonna stand the test of time as it'd be nice to keep cracking them on her birthday for a few years.
Anyone had any joy brewing something along these line?

Original Gravity 1.080-1.100
Final Gravity 1.020-1.028
ABV 6.3-8.4%
IBUs 55-85
20-30 EBC

Any suggestions would be grand like.

Cheers

If you want to brew something that lasts for years then you might look at using brett yeast. It would probably taste pretty funky after a few years but that's the style I think. Or have I misunderstood and are you looking for a recipe that you can remake every year?

Hey, cheers for the feedback.
Love the champagne bottle idea, I think i have a corker somewhere too so that would be a nice touch.

Yeah I'm looking for a beer to last not to repeat as it'll be a collaboration brew between me and a friend and its a miracle we've managed to sort out one brew date let alone trying to make it annual!

The brets not a bad shout but don't beers tend to get a bit thin and watery after a long time with bret or am i thinking of something else?

The brets not a bad shout but don't beers tend to get a bit thin and watery after a long time with bret or am i thinking of something else?

Not 100% sure. I haven't drunk a lot of brett. I did a few brews with it last summer but drank it young. Off the top of my head though its the only style of beer I know of that is stored for that length of time.

Ashole - mine is about as red as you can probably hope to get, maybe just a tiny drab too dark. You can find the brewday in my signature - hope the percentages help. I guess they only apply if you use the same schedule though - i'm not sure what colour my caramunich was :lol:

Latest posts

Back