In at the deep end...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireblade

Reaction score
Afternoon all !

Inspired by a few samples of a mate's brew I'd been talking about giving it a go myself. I'd never fermented a thing other than a few attempts at wine making as a student, but my lovely missus conspired with my mate and for my birthday I got a couple of big boxes of brewing kit, plus a recipe book.

So, for my first ever brew I went All Grain ... and in spite of my concerns and mistakes, it came out rather well ! Much useful information was gleaned from the pages of this forum, so I thought I should join and say thanks.

Brew #2 is now in secondary, should be bottling this weekend :cheers:

I'll see at the weekend whether I'm well on the way, or whether #1 was a fluke !

Now, anyone got a good porter recipe ?

FB

oh just think of all the pains and pleasures you have missed in kit brewing....
Congratulations to you and well done on your first brew,. Care to elaborate on what it was how you managed any problems. for the information of others waivering on the edge.... :)

piddledribble said:
oh just think of all the pains and pleasures you have missed in kit brewing....
Congratulations to you and well done on your first brew,. Care to elaborate on what it was how you managed any problems. for the information of others waivering on the edge.... :)

I wil,l I will....when I'm on my proper computer and not on the iPad ! THe iPad's great for reading, but not for writing...as you can probably see :D

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Well done i been doing kits and doing variations for ayear and 3 months and still havent ventured into AG.

I am slowly building all the kit required however... Wort chiller done! , Mash Tun in prgress

:cheers:

Back