In my opinion today

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do hash browns have a place on a full English breakfast?

• No, McDonalds customers may like them but i don't want them on my plate.

• Yes times change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Confession time.
Please don't judge me, BUT...

... I'm 57, and never had a McDonalds.
(I don't, however mind a hash brown, as long as they're cooked properly.)
You're not missing anything! I haven't had one in over a decade... Probably 15 years

I do like a McD occasionally in fact i had one a couple of hours ago on the way back from the supermarket having got the beer and food in for the weekend, never had one before and it was excellent.

nmmmmmmmure.JPG

My last Mcdonalds was a long time ago, I can't remember the exact date but I remember the day very well, i'd just seen Argyle get thumped at Upton Park and Teddy Sheringham scored a penalty. Our ordinarily excellent left back went AWOL and they put 4 or 5 past us, not a good day.

Same here. Hate it. A pile of men running after some leather and getting very worked up about it

I have never understood why people who don't like football get so worked up about it and are so vocal, I hate Rugby a load of musclebound men knocking lumps out of each other chasing an odd shaped ball but I don't say this every time someone discusses the rugby.
Football is the number one spectator sport for a reason you may hate it but many millions love it.

I have never understood why people who don't like football get so worked up about it and are so vocal, I hate Rugby a load of musclebound men knocking lumps out of each other chasing an odd shaped ball but I don't say this every time someone discusses the rugby.
Football is the number one spectator sport for a reason you may hate it but many millions love it.
Possibly but I still hate it 🤷‍♂️
Not really getting vocal though just saying. 😳

Oh and rugby 😡don’t get me started.

Hash browns and baked beans are both guests on the full English, but not there as of right.

Now then, who's for kedgeree?

" I have never understood why people who don't like football get so worked up about it and are so vocal, I hate Rugby a load of musclebound men knocking lumps out of each other chasing an odd shaped ball but I don't say this every time someone discusses the rugby. "

Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs. Rugby is a thug's game played by gentlemen.

After a rugby match, the rival supporters will happily drink together and discuss the game.

Football supporters won't.

Possibly but I still hate it 🤷‍♂️

I wasn't a big fan when i was younger but got into it when my son started playing for the local Saturday team years ago.

Not really getting vocal though just saying

That was not aimed at you its specifically, i get tired of reading and hearing the question "why do you watch a load of over priced prima donnas chasing a leather bag about" when you mention you are a football fan and i have never understood why people seem not to be able to keep their views to themselves as i said don't slate rugby and don't get me started on golf, each to their own as the old saying goes ;)

Spent my formative years playing Aussie rules. Never got into soccer and still find it boring and overrated. Never encountered rugby as a lad and still have no idea of what it's about. Seems a decent game though, should really take an interest. As for American football, I really don't get that at all. A couple of teams wrapped up in padding and spending most of their time doing nothing. What's all that about?
Someone mention golf? It's no more a sport than is freshwater fishing.

I wasn't a big fan when i was younger but got into it when my son started playing for the local Saturday team years ago.
That was not aimed at you its specifically, i get tired of reading and hearing the question "why do you watch a load of over priced prima donnas chasing a leather bag about" when you mention you are a football fan and i have never understood why people seem not to be able to keep their views to themselves as i said don't slate rugby and don't get me started on golf, each to their own as the old saying goes ;)
Watching golf on tv is like playing the old “spot the ball” competitions live

Last edited by a moderator:
I like football and rugby league not union thats the girls game, my son played league from 6 years to being 14, we were doing a fund raiser and someone came up with the idea of dad's v coaches my one and only game of rugby ffs i was 42 i felt like i had been run over by a steam roller, overall i like all sports so yeah each to their own

Same here. Hate it. A pile of men running after some leather and getting very worked up about it 🫣 hated it in school as well. People get so invested in it.
Look at hurling or Gaelic football proper sports.
By your definition then isn’t Gaelic football just men chasing after leather too? (whilst also being able to hand ball it and much easier to score😁

Latest posts

Back