induction hob with large pots?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson1984

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all,

so, I'm intending to build a new 3V setup.

I want a fair amount of flexibility - i.e. circa 30ltr brews to circa 60ltr brews on the same kit.

So covering the element might be an issue on smaller batches - which has me thinking perhaps buffalo induction is the way to go.

I was thinking of getting 2 - one under the sparge kettle and one under the main brew (sorry **** with terminology!)

BUT are these going to be good enough for a large brew?

I want to go full clean in place, so not having an element is just one less thing to clean at the end of a brewday.

Hudson1984.

I’m currently using a Buffalo hob with a SS Brewtech 15 gallon kettle. I’ve only used to brew with a starting volume of ca 30 litres. It will get to a boil in a fairly decent time, but once the main hot break drops away the rolling boil isn’t overly vigorous. Today’s brew has dropped by about 5 litres on a 90 minute boil on the max power setting. I’m more than happy with this set up, but not sure whether it would cope with a 60 litre starting volume.

Any follow up q’s just ask.

G

hmm ok, not the way to go then it seems. Will need a rethink. Thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back