Electric Induction 100L (200L pot) BIAB Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kush1960

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post here, but I've been reading the forums for some time.... What a great community you have, I'm pleased to finally be a part of it.

I've been brewing for about 3 years now with my Grainfather. But it's time to move on!

Problem is I cannot produce enough beer for my 'benefactors'.

Also I'm a bit fed up of things like stuck sparges, the weak GF pump and messy clean ups.... I wan't to simplify the process.

The solution, I hope, is a 100L BIAB build using induction hobs!

I'll be brewing undercover outside. In an area I'm having wired by an electrition next week.

The build itself will be a 200L kettle with analogue temp gauge and tap, probably from BrewBuilder which I plan on insulating.

Heat will be provided by 2x 3000kw Buffalo Induction hobs. I like the idea of induction for efficiency, easy temp control for mashing and easy cleaning of the kettle afterwards.

I have a an electric hoist for the grainbasket (also from BB) or possibly a bag if the basket is cost prohibitive.

I plan on doing full volume mashing with no sparge, so I predict I'll be boiling 100L of liquid in the 200L pot.

Fermenting will be done in fridges. I have purchased a 60L Allrounder and plan on getting another 30L one soon.

I plan on getting a pump later to make filling the fermenters easier.

I brew a lot of hop forward beers, so I think I will need to chill for the hopstand and can't put hot wort in the plastic Allrounders. I'm hoping to use my GF counter flow chiller for this.

Is this a white elephant? Should I just buy a 65L Brewzilla? Will my wife finally leave me?

Thoughts/feedback welcome!!

The biggest concerns I have are:
  • Will I have enough heat from 6kw Induction hobs to boil 100L in a reasonable amount of time?
  • Will the GF Counterflow chiller be up to it?
  • Is there something else that I've not considered which will ruin my plans!
Thanks for reading.

Dunc.

Latest posts

Back