Inkbird ITC PID + PT100 Thermocouple Temp is way out ???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just setup my Inkbird ITC PID with a PT100 Thermocouple This one ---->> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191436133569? ... EBIDX%3AIT . I have gone into the settings and according to the manual ..Here -->> http://ink-bird.com/asset/file/ITC-100_ ... 0_6.30.pdf .. I change the input in " SN " from "0" to "21" which is for PT100. The PID is working with the PT100 but is way out on Temp, literally by over 10'c. Any ideas as to why anyone ?? could it be that the PT100 is just rubbish or is it me.

This was after I altered " SC " in order to calibrate the PT100 at 70'c so it read the same as the other probe but as soon as I put it in cold water it went way out again.

TEST-1.jpg

TEST-2.jpg

Do you have anything else wired in? Like the solid state relay ? Pt 100 should be giving you the best temp there is normally a prammiter on temp control for soft start which let's you come temp in increments . Normally you have to allow a 5-10 % tolerance

Is SC self-calbrate? I believe reading somewhere there is a fix - I'll try and find it for you.

Im guessing looking at your photo that your hand held one is more likely to be the issue in regards to calibration. .

Pt100 you don't calibrate there work -200 to 850 degrees self calibration is a ball ache some times the take 8 hours to do I know been working on sensors and what not for years they try to overload you with info but really its just plug in and play ..

It also mentions in the manual it is essential to launch the self-tuning function when turned on for the first time? I think it was on homebrew talk that I saw it took ages for the temperature to settle at an accurate level - wild swings above and below, gradually getting smaller until it levels out....

Higher the temp the more fine tuned it gets yes I use one that allows me to do bursts of heat when getting closer to the temp find response is faster acting ..

Thank you for your answers but I am not heating anything via the PID. Just to be clear on this I am merely checking that the PID is showing the correct temp of the water that the PT100 is sat in. I have a jug of water, heated in a kettle which is 70'c, I have checked this with a stand alone thermometer. If then put the probe in the water the PID reads 82'c which is 12'c out..... if I then stick the probe in a jug of water with ice cubes in it reads on the PID 8'c but the thermometer reads 0'c....again way out.

Hi, there might be something wrong done with it, such as the wiring. We have many models of PID controller, but now not sure which one you ordered. We suggested to contact us via ebay and confirm it first.After that, we will solve it. Thanks!

Hi, there might be something wrong done with it, such as the wiring. We have many models of PID controller, but now not sure which one you ordered. We suggested to contact us via ebay and confirm it first.After that, we will solve it. Thanks!
Hello Inkbird, thank you for the reply but there is nothing wrong with the PID I bought from you, it was a badly made and wronly advertised PT100 Thermocouple which was bought from China via Ebay, quoted as 1/4" PT Thread which when arrived was infact 1/16" NPT Thread when coupled to the PID was wildly out of temperature sensing even when I calibrated the PID to it by a whopping 12'C. I have now bought a PT100 1/4" BSP in the UK from AngelHomebrew and it works flawlessy with the PID returned to factory settings. :thumb:
Forgot to say the Model was ITC-100VH and I am purchasing more of them.

Last edited:
Hi,thanks for your explanation. If any questions when using the PID controller, pelase contact us directly. Customers satisfaction is our first strive. Inkbird takes full responsibility to all the item sold. :smile:

Hello Inkbird, thank you for the reply but there is nothing wrong with the PID I bought from you, it was a badly made and wronly advertised PT100 Thermocouple which was bought from China via Ebay, quoted as 1/4" PT Thread which when arrived was infact 1/16" NPT Thread when coupled to the PID was wildly out of temperature sensing even when I calibrated the PID to it by a whopping 12'C. I have now bought a PT100 1/4" BSP in the UK from AngelHomebrew and it works flawlessy with the PID returned to factory settings. :thumb:
Forgot to say the Model was ITC-100VH and I am purchasing more of them.

Latest posts

Back