Is it big enough?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamlead

Landlord.
Reaction score
Peeps went out shopping yesterday looking at SS Stockpots, the biggest i could find here (turkey) is 30 litres - am i right in thinking this is big enough for a 23 litre 'normal' brew for boiling etc?
I would have to get it on special order and they are a bit steep here - 155 TL = £67 so dont want to order one if its too small. :eek:

I have got bigger Aluminium ones of about 40 and 50 ltr in size would those do instead? :hmm:

Cheers

Scream

screamlead said:
Peeps went out shopping yesterday looking at SS Stockpots, the biggest i could find here (turkey) is 30 litres - am i right in thinking this is big enough for a 23 litre 'normal' brew for boiling etc?
I would have to get it on special order and they are a bit steep here - 155 TL = £67 so dont want to order one if its too small. :eek:

I have got bigger Aluminium ones of about 40 and 50 ltr in size would those do instead? :hmm:

Cheers

Scream

The SS pot is just about big enough for 23 litre brews. You are going to be quite close to the top there though and personally I would want something bigger.

I'm not clued up enough on aluminium to be able to comment tbh.

ATB

I've got a 36 litre stockpot. I tend to aim for 25 litres in the FV and the 36 litre brewpot gives me enough extra room for comfort in the boil.

I reckon a 30 litre pot would do you, but a slightly bigger one would give you that extra peace of mind if you can find one (assuming the price difference isn't too great).

30 litres is a bit too small, go for the aluminium, it's fine for boiling but don't use anything caustic to clean it.

Latest posts

Back