issenglass and bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunsbrew

Reaction score
can you clarify (excuse the pun) issenglass is great to use if your putting the beer in a corny but if i am putting it into bottles should not use this ? as i need a little yeast left in the beer to create second ferment when adding a little sugar. is this correct if so what would you surgest if i want to put half in corny and half in bottles just in put corny without the issenglass? and how long does issenglass need to be in the beer before final rack

can you clarify (excuse the pun) issenglass is great to use if your putting the beer in a corny but if i am putting it into bottles should not use this ?
When bottle conditioning you shouldn't add IG to the bottled beer.
as i need a little yeast left in the beer to create second ferment when adding a little sugar. is this correct
Yes, but, even when you're beer looks gin clear there should still be enough yeast in solution to bottle condion, ie, you can add IG to the fv and then go on to rack to bottle and bottle condition. Worst case scenario if the IG is really efficient in the fv, it may take longer for the bottle to condition
if so what would you surgest if i want to put half in corny and half in bottles just in put corny without the issenglass?
Rack half to bottle from the fv, the rack half to the corny and add IG to the corny :thumb:

Latest posts

Back