issue with king keg tap leeking gas .. need help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eammoncass

Reaction score
hey all, i recently (on friday) kegged a coopers ipa in my king keg and when i was moving it today i accidentally pressed down on the tap and some of the beer squirted out a bit but then it stopped. Is this normal if i happen to press down on the tap or should i open it and try and tighten it.

thanks in advance

edit: gas is leeking from the tap now, im now wondering how i can go about tightening the tap or transferring it to a different keg or maybe even bottling it, so if i do decide to transfer it to another keg, do i re-prime it and if so how much sugar do i use? the same goes for bottling?

When you say pressed down on the tap ?how do you mean its prob just flexed a little and let some co2 and beer out if its holding pressure i wouldnt worry

it is holding pressure, i can't describe how i pressed down on it, it really just hit something and lowered a bit and it looks like it just opened the little rubber seal for a split second and released some co2and some beer

update, right the keg is definitely leeking gas, i can hear it coming out of the tap seal now .. im thinking about bottling it tomorrow, how would i go about doing that after 3 days in the keg?

gas is leeking from the tap now, im now wondering how i can go about tightening the tap or transferring it to a different keg or maybe even bottling it, so if i do decide to transfer it to another keg, do i re-prime it and if so how much sugar do i use? the same goes for bottling?

Latest posts

Back