itchy demijohns

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quensabob

Reaction score
Is it just me but this waiting around for fermentation to finish is getting so frustrating!

I currently have a Beaverdale Merlot that is bubbling away happily on its 13th day of fermentation and a red grape and pomegranite wow on its 9th day of fermentation i have a 25 litre fermentation bucket sat doing nothing and an empty demijohn,i promised my husbnd i would do no more until the currant 2 were stored or bottled but i am so itching to do more!
Is it just me thats so impatient!

It's a sickness.....most people on this forum have it :D

I promised my wife that I wouldn't make any more wines and ciders until I have used up some of my bottled brews. Today I couldn't help myself buying 20 litres of Apple Juice from Tesco's for £4.25.

Also how do you guys manage not to dring all your already bottled wine,i have 25 bottles of The Range white wine in the garage that i keep telling myself i should leave to mature,its been in there only 2 weeks and i have opened 4 bottles already!

Wines that I make from fresh fruit and berries are put away to age a bit, but I also make quite a lot of wines from fruit juices which are usually ready to drink as soon as they have finished fermenting and clear, between 4 to 6 weeks.

quensabob said:
Also how do you guys manage not to drink all your already bottled wine?
Make it twice as fast as you can drink it.

If you drink a bottle a night, start 2 gallons a week.

The problem is, when you've got so much and it has cost you so little, trying to keep down to one bottle a night.

After a few months the novelty may wear off and you actually drink less, then you can build stocks up.

Moley said:
quensabob said:
Also how do you guys manage not to drink all your already bottled wine?
Make it twice as fast as you can drink it.

If you drink a bottle a night, start 2 gallons a week.

The problem is, when you've got so much and it has cost you so little, trying to keep down to one bottle a night.

After a few months the novelty may wear off and you actually drink less, then you can build stocks up.
I am hoping so,but at the minute as soon as i have got in from work,cooked tea all i can think of is opening one of the many bottles sat in the garage! I really think i need to learn restraint! This hobby is a nightmare for someone that loves wine!

Robbo said:
Wines that I make from fresh fruit and berries are put away to age a bit, but I also make quite a lot of wines from fruit juices which are usually ready to drink as soon as they have finished fermenting and clear, between 4 to 6 weeks.
I doubt at the minute i could make country wines need to build up a big stock so when i get around to wine from fruit i can but them away and forget them!
All the amazing recipes are so tempting i have at least 10 pages printed ready to make!

Eventually you'll run out of storage space for all the stuff you've made. Then you'll slow down.
I need to have a party before long, to free up winerack space and pint-bottle-storage space.
Luckily I have a big birthday coming up, and I imagine a few of the locals will help deplete the stocks.

Latest posts

Back